Thursday, August 27, 2009

Thank You!



Thank You!

I am the boy who has grown, who saw the Emperor with no clothes
No one instructed me to see what was not there to see, so I saw Nothing
So I must thank you for the wonders that your imaginations have brought to me
For me, I stay in Darkness, I see none of it, save your eyes; I am blind to it
So I must thank you for the wonders and dramas of reality for I have long since gotten rid of my T.V.
For here, there is so much to see; it’s like Ten Thousand things. How then would I have known of pain?
Or the joy that it brings...oops, did I say the wrong thing? Why else would you stay in it; swimming?
I don’t really get it, I have never really gotten it, nor do I want it, yet, again, I thank you for this too
For I can live vicariously through you...know that I do not mock you for I am truly grateful, for every pull
And attempt to get me into this net, for in this I see its worth...now, if I get trapped what a catch!!!!
With my charisma I could capture almost everyone as opposed to now they find that there is Nothing on my line
I could have a huge following if I believed and cleaved to the word, alas, what I have is hard to swallow
For there is Nothing to follow. I would be a beast as a religious priest; fresh pressed suits, pants with a crease
Yet, what I have, is at least...the unrest of the notion, for most, brings unrest and not peace
All must turn from me for I am the Harbinger of Death; for I say, “Forget all the rest”
How could I ask you to stand or be sound when I offer you silence and no solid or common ground?
Is it not my responsibility to send you back on track? Just pretend this was a dream; notions of The Abstract
They will say one day that there was this guy who spoke about Nothing “He had Nothing to say”
And I will simply fade away and you will forget what I had to say, none of it makes sense anyway
I had strength enough once to hold up a mast and set sail against a sea of troubles as old Will says
But no longer, as my days grow the same; I am simply too old, I may die and this art may be famed/framed
Yes, that’s the game! Wait till they are dead or become a Martyr, then success is much harder for the bearer
Obviously then, worse for wear, decaying out there, but pity me not, for I do not, for my age has served me well
I have seen the days/daze of man drift by like disoriented flies; no real truth-all lies that end in compromise
And I stand and sit diligently waiting for the opening to arise...and this is it! I said it and you saw it! That’s right
You! I have affected you, I can see the truth writing through you; can’t suppress it this time, can you?
You know what you have to do; from here I can’t tell you, that epiphany means that you are free
Suppress it or let it be. And to all others that choose to keep the world the same old way, I thank you today!
For if it weren’t for you I wouldn’t remember the other ways; I wouldn’t see the cliff to jump off into the pit
Of bottomlessness. If you didn’t hold so fast to gravity I wouldn’t have my levity in mirth or flight
I wouldn’t choose to see at night. You showed me what was wrong for me so that I could see what is right
Yes, I would have known or done this all anyway but it is more fun with you saying “It Can’t Be Done”
So we have both won and I again thank you for holding this firmament in place so that I could have a jump gate
And fly and not rely on anything....in showing me everything I have remembered the beginning....Nothing
So I truly thank you...but do not think it was because of you; I have had the beckoning still, all the while
Do not think that everything or something is the opposite of Nothing for it has no opposer or opposites
It is what it is....not, yet, it is most of what is; for it occupies all of the spaces and in between places
So in this, I thank you, for not being there, in all the places that you are not, so that I may enjoy
All of what I have not...and if there comes a time when you all realize that there is Nothing before your eyes
I am sure there will be at least one boy or girl that hasn’t been warned about the fact that there is Nothing
And will see the Emperor wearing something, so to you making the illusion real, I say, Thank You!

No comments:

Post a Comment